Friday, November 11, 2011

Seaside II Creeping Bent

Seaside II Creeping Bentgrass

Seaside II has shown excellent drought tolerance and the ability to use effluent, brackish water, or water sources that have salt levels up to 15,000+ ppm, with a pH of 7.5 - 8.5. Seaside II has also shown excellent resistance to dollar spot and other turf diseases, but also has proven to be a low input bent with its breeding for low fertility. Providing a high-quality playing surface for tees, fairways and greens, it has been the choice of superintendents around the world.

• Bred for salt and drought tolerance
• Low fertility requirements
• Tolerates salt levels up to 15,000 ppm
• Dollar spot resistance

Other Courses with Seaside II

Old Head Golf Links
County Cork, Ireland Paul O'Mahony, superintendent
Putting Quality: "I've had turf professionals visit and I've asked them to identify the grass, and the answer that I've been given, well, it's either an A or a G, so I think the answer is right there."

The Club at Strawberry Creek
Kenosha, WI Matt Kregel, superintendent
Turf Performance: "Seaside II has performed very well in my fairways. If I would have spec'ed out the grasses on this course, I would have continued the use of Seaside II on my tee surfaces, because I like it that much."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home